Brown Bag Series Planning Page
This series has been postponed to next semester, so that I can get speakers' schedules earlier. Organizational page for the brownbag speaker series. You can add the calendar in the Brown_Bag_Schedule for event updates.
who, specifically, is this for? Why do we need another speaker series?
Give mid- to late-career undergraduates a survey of research areas related to ISTA. Instead of focusing on results, speakers would
- present big ideas within their research area, or
- highlight accessible open problems.
In any case, the effect of the seminar is to present material that a student would otherwise not be exposed to in the undergraduate curriculum.
People to Contact
strike when contacted, add details when response is given
- flexible, with notice
- Christopher Hamilton
- week of Sep. 29th or Oct. 6
- Kevin Lin
- not 10-11, 12-1, 1-2 MWF
- (other ISTA collaborators/potential collaborators?)
Finding a Day/Time
we want to avoid conflicting with other talks in ISTA or in other departments with significant interest overlap
- CogSci : F 12:30 - 1
- Stats Colloq: W 12 - 1
- ICI Seminar: F 1:30 - 3
- Applied Math BB : F 12 - 1
- Modeling and Computation Seminar: ??
we need to ensure that people come, regularly, to these.
- reach out to ugrad math cats, student acm, ugrad course announcements
- set up a listserv and get people on it (or just get them to subscribe to the schedule page)
Next things to do
- contact Kevin