Getting Wireless Networking working in Qubes OS
I am very new to Qubes, but this I think I understand. To connect to wireless, you need to understand a basic fact about Qubes: it isolates direct network access from all VMs using the sys-net VM. The sys-firewall VM gets its access through sys-net, and all other VMs get their network through sys-firewall. So to set up wireless networking, you need to access the networking settings in sys-net VM.
- open the Qubes VM manager
- right click sys-net VM, choose 'Add/remove app shortcuts'
- add Network Connections to the "Selected" pane. Click OK
- run the Network Connections application in the sys-net VM
- Add a wireless connection, and assign the settings for your network