Information Privacy with Applications (Fall 2021)
- 1 Quick Information
- 2 Assignments
- 2.1 Assignment 0: Quick exercises in the shell
- 2.2 Assignment 1: Permissions Impersonation
- 2.3 Assignment 2: Quantified Self (Integrated Session 1)
- 2.4 Assignment 3: Simple Cracking
- 2.5 Assignment 4: Offline Surveillance (Integrated Session 2)
- 2.6 Assignment 5: Face Detection
- 2.7 Assignment 6: Database Reconstruction Attacks (Integrated Session 3)
- 3 Class Sessions
|Course Time:||Tue/Thu 3:30 - 4:15 PM (AZ)|
|Office Hours:||Fridays at 10:00 AM (AZ)|
|@david:llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.space (what's this?)|
|PGP Fingerprint:||64D7 2427 7015 F79A 803A 13F0 1AEF D465 C715 3D7A|
More information is in the syllabus.
Assignment 0: Quick exercises in the shell
There is no deadline for this assignment, as it will not be turned in for a grade, but you should try to get it done in the next day or two.
Assignment 0 - A few quick exercises in the shell, to get used to things.
Assignment 1: Permissions Impersonation
The first three questions are due 31 August 2021 by midnight; the last two are due 07 September 2021.
Assignment 2: Quantified Self (Integrated Session 1)
Due 09 Sep 2021 by the start of class.
Assignment 3: Simple Cracking
Due 30 Sep 2021
Assignment 4: Offline Surveillance (Integrated Session 2)
Due 07 Oct 2021 by the start of class
Assignment 5: Face Detection
Q2 due Tuesday, 26 Oct 2021; Remainder due 02 Nov 2021
Assignment 6: Database Reconstruction Attacks (Integrated Session 3)
Due Thursday, 28 Oct 2021 by start of class
Personal and Group Privacy Technology
- Lecture 1: Course introduction
- Lecture 2: Personal Privacy I
- Lecture 3: Personal Privacy II
- Lecture 4: Group Privacy I
- Lecture 5: Group Privacy II
- Lecture 6: Group Privacy III
- Lecture 7: Obfuscation I
- Lecture 8: Assignment 2 review; Threat model
- Lecture 9: Hacktivism/"Hacktivism"
- Lecture 10: Standoff Biometrics and Observability
- Lecture 11: Video Analytics and Simple Obfuscation